For a fifth year, student advocacy organizations across Canada have collaborated to release Shared Perspectives, a joint publication providing region-specific analysis on an important student issue. This year’s publication focuses on the changing landscape of student financial aid and highlights the disparities among various jurisdictional programs that consequently make post-secondary education increasingly unaffordable and inaccessible. The COVID-19 pandemic underscored the pressing need for programs that best support students’ ability to finance their education, and contributors provide critical commentary on how to enhance their respective region’s financial aid systems.
This year, Shared Perspectives includes contributions from:
- the Alliance of BC Students (ABCS);
- the Canadian Alliance of Student Associations (CASA);
- the College Student Alliance (CSA);
- the Council of Alberta University Students (CAUS);
- the Manitoba Alliance of Post-Secondary Students (MAPSS);
- the New Brunswick Student Alliance (NBSA);
- the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA);
- Students Nova Scotia (StudentsNS);
- the University of Prince Edward Island Student Union (UPEISU).