JOB POSTING: Operations & Communication Coordinator
Formed in 1992, the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) is a non-profit advocacy organization that strives to effectively and responsibly represent Ontario’s full and part-time undergraduate students to lobby for an affordable, accessible, accountable, and high-quality higher education system. In order to achieve these goals, OUSA provides research and policy solutions to government, organizes campaigns, communicates their priorities, and develops partnerships with post-secondary education sector stakeholders. With a membership of approximately 150,000 undergraduate, professional full and part-time students, OUSA is one of the largest and most respected student organizations in the country.
POSITION: Operations & Communications Coordinator
DEADLINE: 5:00 PM on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
HOURS OF WORK: Position is 40 hours per week with the requirement to work some evenings and weekends.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary starting at $43,000; including vacation time, professional development opportunities, and health and dental benefits.
START DATE: July 2020
WORK FROM HOME / OFFICE LOCATION: During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will work from home. Once health official advise that is it safe and responsible to return to in-person work, the successful candidate will be expected to work out of our office located in downtown Toronto.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations and Communications Coordinator is responsible for event management and administrative tasks within the office, as well as all internal and external communications of the organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and executing all OUSA related conferences and events;
- Liaising with Steering Committee members, other stakeholders, and vendors in the planning of OUSA conferences, galas, and events;
- Leading office operations and providing administrative support to ED and Steering Committee including budget management, invoices, deposits, and other financial matters;
- Coordinating, planning, and editing engaging content for OUSA blog, socials, and website;
- Designing and producing publications, promotional material and government submissions;
- Assisting in the preparation of press releases and media advisories;
- Implementing the visual identity and branding of the organization; and
- Organizing OUSA’s annual public awareness campaigns.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- a university baccalaureate degree or above;
- strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- experience in event planning and management;
- a command of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- strong writing, communication and analytical skills;
- familiarity with Adobe In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop considered an asset;
- background or relevant experience in the post-secondary or non-profit sector considered an asset; having knowledge of Quickbooks is an asset
- experience working directly with post-secondary students is considered an asset;
- experience and affinity for working in a collaborative team environment;
- excellent personal initiative and strong work ethic;
- ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure; and
- familiarity with OUSA’s structure and operations.
While OUSA is a professional organization, it is intimately connected with university students. This youthful attitude transfers into a highly charged and passionate workplace that creates a unique opportunity for both satisfying and creative work. OUSA makes every effort to reward employees with both a relaxing and exciting environment and a job that gives them the chance to build and develop their skills.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume that highlights how you meet the above qualifications,
Candidates selected for an interview will be notified no later than Friday, July 3rd. Interviews will be held on Wednesday July 8th. Interviews will be available during and after business hours, and will be facilitated virtually through Zoom.
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
Eddy Avila, Executive Director
More information and resources can be found at www.ousa.ca