JOB POSTING: PART-TIME COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
DEADLINE: August 15, 2023 at 11:59PM.
POSITION: Communications Assistant (Part-Time)
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 32 weeks between September 5th, 2023 to April 30th, 2024
COMPENSATION: $20 per hour, 15 hours per week
OUSA is looking for a skilled and passionate part-time Communications Assistant to join our close-knit team. This opportunity is for students who have some knowledge of student issues and advocacy and are eager to learn more.
Under the guidance of the Executive Director and Operations & Communications Coordinator, the Communications Assistant will be engaging with the organization’s communications channels and projects, and will support graphic and publication design for social media and web-based platforms. This position offers the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge of advocacy-based communications, graphic design, and engaging online content.
To be eligible for the internship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at an OUSA member institution
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Nationbuilder and/or Photoshop an asset
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have employment or academic experience with public relations, design, or public affairs
- Demonstrate an ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Possess a keen interest in post-secondary education and Ontario politics, and demonstrate an appreciation for OUSA’s mandate and mission
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The OUSA Communications Assistant will undertake special projects in the areas of advocacy and communications. Reporting to the Executive Director and the Operations & Communications Director, the Communications Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation of communications materials such as graphics, publications, and photos;
- Producing content for OUSA’s website and social media channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- Preparing for OUSA’s annual campaigns;
- Coordinating the completion and release of OUSA’s Annual Plan, including annual advocacy priorities;
- Supporting the work of the Operations & Communications Coordinator, Research & Policy Analysts, and Executive Director in projects as required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Malika Dhanani, Executive Director, at [email protected].
Please note: Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted via email by August 21, 2023. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom on August 23, 2023.
OUSA encourages applications from students who have traditionally been underrepresented in post-secondary education, including but not limited to racialized students/students of colour, Black students, Indigenous students, students with disabilities, and Two-Spirit and LGBTQIA+ students.
OUSA is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].
The Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) represents the interests of approximately 160,000 professional and undergraduate, full-time and part-time university students at nine student associations across Ontario. OUSA is run by a Steering Committee made up of elected student representatives from each of our member associations. Day-to-day activities are carried out by four full-time office staff. For more information, please visit our website at www.ousa.ca.